Sunday, April 1, 2007

Wadsworth Antheneum


Carle Van Loo(1705-1765)
French


Offering to Love (1761)



On Saturday I visited WadsWorth Antheneum in Hartford, Connecticut. It was conveniently located downtown, therefore very easy to get to to. Finding parking was also easy. When I entered the museum i was astonished by the size and the beuty. When I entered the first room my word where "Oh God this out be fun" I thought it was going to be boring and I was going to be interested at all. The diffrent colors and themes that each room had followed very nicely with the artwork on those walls. Once my tour began i realized that I was wrong i was very interested in the things that I was looking at.




I must say that the one particular picture really caught my attention. That picture called Offering to Love, was painted by Carle Van loo on 1761. A little biography on th epainter firts.
Carle was born into a family of painters but his talent put his relatives work in the shawdows.
He won many medals and awards for his work. He also became a noble.
The painting I choose just caught my eye as soon as i saw it. The texture and the colors and just the whole idea behind the painting. The painting was done on canvas with oil colors. Although thsi painting is not one of his most recognized pieces, if you left it up to me it would be one of his greatest works. I am very much a romantic person and to see love protaid in another type of light it was amazing. The way i interpertrated the piece was with women who usually appreciate love more than men just the look in their eyes in this piece shows that they are very much in love.


The way the painter used the colors was incredible. In the color itself it truly showed exactly what the message in this painting was. The figueres in this painting are perfectly posotioned and it was just amazing to be able to see it.






















No comments: